A distribution board is known by various names such as a panel board or a breaker panel. It is a very important component of an electricity supply system which divides the electrical power which is fed into subsidiary circuits, while providing a protective fuse or circuit breaker for each circuit, in a common enclosure.
Normally, there is a main switch, one or more residual-current devices (RCD) or residual current breakers with overcurrent protection (RCBO), which are incorporated in the Flameproof Distinction Board. The breakers in the board are arranged in two ways and are numbered from left-right. This takes two slots in the panel (two-pole) and gives a voltage of 240V if the supply system is split phase and 208V if the supply system is three phase.
Here are some features of a good Flameproof Distinction Board:
- Conforms to BS EN60439-3
- RoHS compliant
- Robust sheet steel enclosure
- High quality surface finish
- Standard locking device fitted. Key operated locks available on request
- Door angle of opening 180o
- Doors supplied as standard in 1mm steel
- 3 or 4 pole incomers
- Shrouded neutral terminals positioned on either side of the incomer
- Earth terminals mounted on either side of the board to facilitate easier cabling, reducing installation time
- IP3X as standar
|Type||Flameproof As per IS: 2148/81|
|Protection||IP -65 as per IS – 13947(Part-1)/93|
|Gas Group||IIA & IIB As per IS : 2148/81|
|Material||Cast Al.Alloy LM-6|
|Finish||Light Grey Epoxy shade-631 of 1S : 5|
|Component|| a) Start Push Button Green -1 Nos. b) Stop Push Button Red – 1 Nos.
c) 10 Turn Potentiometer – 1 Nos.
d) Digital Speed Indicaror 150 RPM – 1 Nos.
e) Digital Ammeter 72Sq. mm – 1 Nos.
|Mounting||Wall / Structure|
|Cable Entry||1” ET x 1 Nos.¾” ET x 1 Nos.|
|Earthing||1 No inside 2 Nos. Outside|
|Type No||SCP 31450|