In the field of power systems, one of the most common problems that afflict the electrical network is when there is an extra surge and the network is damaged. This was usually a problem long back, but now with the changing technologies and advancements, it has become easier to deal with such problems. One such equipment which has been regularly used is the ABB Molded Case Circuit Breaker.
What happens in a circuit breaker? The mechanism is very simple. There is a fixed threshold of current which can pass through the circuit. Once that level is crossed, there is danger not only of damage to the circuit but also of fire and other hazards. Hence it is important to invest in a good circuit breaker for the network. The ABB Molded Case Circuit Breaker is one of the best in the market.
Features of ABB Molded Case Circuit Breaker:
- The PR221DS trip unit, available for T2, T4 and T5, provides protection functions against overload and short-circuits
- Compact design frees up panel space.
- Common field-fit internal accessories make installation and custom configuration easy.
- Advanced trip unit functionality offers a wide range of adjustment for maximum flexibility.
- Meets the requirements of UL, CSA, IEC, CCC and CE, providing a truly global design and worldwide acceptance.